Average. Would be nothing without the music.
It says it all really. Some of the graphics are in actual fact good, but a lot looks rushed, badly tweened etc. This flash would be a lot more deserving of the number 1 spot if there was some more effort put into the graphics - as it stands I don't think it should be top 10 material - perhaps top 100 material.
I think all of your fanboys have thought 'OH MY GAWD, THAT'S A WIKID SONG' without realising that there are much more quality submissions on the top 50 - that get downvoted because they want 'popular' submissions like this on the top.
You should be grateful that your fanbase has got this up so high. Because I personally think that this is average. Not fascinating, not excellent, just average.
Absolutely spot on.
I'm with you. The amount of crappy content on NG passing judgement is extremely high at the moment. I wish that people would vote higher on submissions that actually had time and effort put into them.
Same goes for reviews. I don't believe I've seen many constructive reviews at NG - a lot of them tend to get personal.
Towards the flash itself - nice quality mic you've got there, you hit the nail on the head for clarity and punctuation - the animation was nicely done also. I don't think I can give you any tips on how to improve this, so I gave it a 5 and now I'm going to watch your other submissions. :-)
I hope you'll change the minds of all the stupid kids who vote up crap like hentai slideshows. Thanks for animating this.
No doubt about it, i WILL get positive feedback... On the other hand, NO DOUBT ABOUT THIS EITHER... i will get crappy feedback as well...
That's not the part i mind. It's like what you said: The review gets personal at a certain point, and that's when the reviewer's criticism is no longer constructive.
Thanks for the feedback and i hope things go my way this time!
That was really well done. The way you conveyed emotion in your characters without words was extremely impressive. Also pretty funny. :-)
A little on the short side though...
Wow, one of the best games here!
Very nice game, graphics are sound, the music is great and very fitting, and the whole game reeks of professionalism. I've devised my own strategy for this game, but as of yet I haven't done the final boss. This strategy should get you there with 9 lives, hopefully intact. :-)
Normal enemies - Shoot them from a long way off, or if there's many, jump and shoot downwards. They can't shoot up at you.
If you get a shotgun, it can kill most of the enemies onscreen in a single sweep - jump and shoot downwards, moving along the screen so the explosion hits the enemies.
1. (Start) Kill all the enemies until you have a full energy meter, but don't waste it. Use it once the car comes, jump over the car and then hit D. Charge up your energy again by killing all the bears until you have a full meter. Then go onto the boss.
2. (Boss) I defeated this bad guy by ducking and shooting. Keep firing at him constantly until he gets close enough to swipe at you. Jump before he kills you, but don't touch any of the arrows, just do an upwards jump, and if you time it right you won't lose any life. Use your energy wisely and you should have him down in a few turns.
3. (Telegraph Pole) You'll have to charge up your meter fully before this bit - remember the bears will just keep spawning, so you can charge it up. Run to the pole and make sure you right up against it, then unleash the energy.
4. (Helicopter Boss) This will launch a row of bombs first. Stay to the left, jump over the first bomb and then start blasting him with your guns, following it over to the right if you dare. Get over to the right side and then follow the helicopter over to the left side, dodging the lasers. Then get over to the right side when the helicopter comes back. Now you should have filled up your energy bar - as soon as the boss fires the gun, hit D. This should wipe out the bears and only leave the helicopter with a little bit of health. Finish it when it starts bombing again.
5. (Final Boss PT1) - Dodge the fists, and JUMP as you dodge, otherwise you'll get killed anyway. Keep firing upwards as he charges that energy ball, if you don't time it right then hit D (if fully charged). Rinse and repeat until you've killed it. Get over to the right hand side of the screen to avoid the laser. The rest is up to you (I haven't finished this bit yet, sadly)
Great, but a few things to improve:
Nice game, had me playing until I had most of the upgrades, but there are a few little annoyances that can be easily fixed.
I gave 8. The ingame graphics are great, very well done. However, the sloppy GUI and menu screen left a lot to be desired. You need a consistency through your game, I liked the graphics of the rollover buttons while you were playing - maybe change the menu to those graphics?
Very nice music loop, but poor sound effects. The music makes up for this however, being energetic and completely fitting to the game.
Not much to say here. Just explosions (didn't get onto some of the heavier enemies in the game) - I'd like some infantry so you can splatter blood everywhere. Otherwise, this is ok.
Liked the way you got stats on all the enemies. Submit score I didn't try. Upgrades were fun.
0. Because. :-)
The intro movie was good, a nice concept throughout.
My little annoyances are:
i) The GUI is sloppy and inconsistent.
ii) I don't like the way you have to rollover a '?' to get your health, energy etc. Those should be visible at all times.
iii) The upgrade menu covers up the health bar, so you can't see how much health you have.
Fix those and you're onto a winner. :-)
Wow. This game is pulled off very nicely, all the non ripped graphics fit the ripped ones almost perfectly, and the music is so addictive it kept me playing for quite a while ;-)
The gameplay was your standard tetris, albeit with a couple more blocks thrown into the equation. So, when I initially started playing, it was like.. dude, where's sonic? Then I saw Robotnick blowing up my blocks, nice touch I thought. Then I started getting multiple rows and saw all the bonuses (Knuckles, Tails and Sonic) - what I loved was they turned the blocks into rings which you could pick up - and with Sonic I managed to hit Robotnick and get 300 extra points!
I stopped playing after I hit 3,000 - but this game is seriously great. Thanks for sharing :-)
newgrounds.com — Your #1 online entertainment & artist community! All your base are belong to us.